The conference will take place at CaixaForum Barcelona, located in the Montjuic area on Avinguda de Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia 6-8. It is surrounded by hotels, museums, restaurants, Fira de Barcelona Montjuic, sports facilities and public gardens, and next to public transport (train, buses and metro).
CaixaForum Barcelona is an art gallery and cultural centre sponsored by La Caixa and opened in 2002 in a former textile factory owned by Casimir Casaramona i Puigcercós. The Casaramona factory, a work of the modernist architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch, fascinated the public from the first day. Despite its resemblance to a medieval castle, the factory had great technical innovations for that time: large windows, fire towers, an inner street of easy transit and, above all, a novel electrical system that made it work without the need of coal. Despite the architectural success, the Casaramona factory closed its doors shortly after its inauguration. The building went through different states, including abandonment, until it was acquired by La Caixa Foundation in 1963. After its reform, in 2002 it was opened to the public as the first CaixaForum in Spain.
More information: https://caixaforum.es/barcelona/home
- By Air Barcelona Airport – El Prat is the main airport in Barcelona, located 14 km southwest from the city center. Is the main airport of Catalonia and the town where it is specifically located is El Prat de Llobregat. https://www.barcelona-airport.com/
The airport has two Terminals (T1 the newest terminal and T2 the old one) which are connected with free bus shuttles (10 min distance).
There are several types of transportation from the airport to the city: Taxi, Metro, Bus or Train services (train from Terminal 2).
All information about TRANSPORTATION FROM BARCELONA AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE: https://www.barcelona-airport.com/eng/transport_eng.php
To reach the conference Hotels and conference venue:
- Taxi: Taxi stops are in front of Terminals 1 and 2. Average cost of 25 – 30 € depending of the hour. You can book a taxi for any other service in the city centre from several booking centres. We announced 5 companies that besides the phone number offer free mobile apps to book directly at any time and place of the city: Radio taxi 033 (T. +34 933 033 033); Barnataxi (T. +34 933 222 222); Servitaxi (T. +34 933 300 300); Taximés (T. +34 936 936 936; Taxi Class (T. +34 933 07 07 07).
- Metro: L9 (orange) departs from both Terminals 1 and 2, one transfer to L5 (blue) is required at Fira Europa stop in order to reach Plaça Espanya.
- Bus: Aerobus is a shuttle bus from the Airport to the city centre with few stops. One stop is at Plaça Espanya. A single ticket costs 5.90€, return ticket 10,20 €. More info at: http://www.aerobusbcn.com/ca/linies
- Train: the L2 Line of RENFE links the Terminal 2 of Barcelona airport with various train stations (El Prat, Barcelona Sants and Passeig de Gràcia train stations). Terminal 1 is not already accessible by train (but passengers chosing this option can go from T1 to T2 with free bus shuttle.
Fore more information about train options visit RENFE website.
Other links with useful information about Barcelona: